New in release R12.0.0 – 20 January 2020
- Google Vision integration. This means enrichment of metadata, adding keywords to the file name for SEO, and improved enhancement in some areas.
- Remove.bg integration. This offers automatic cutouts.
- Selective color correction, works exactly as it does in Photoshop.
- Brand colors. Specify brand color’s RGB values (i.e. coca cola red) and specify a range. Claro will correct colors in images to match brand color.
- Filling in washed out spots in faces, part of improved skin tone correction, only with Google Vision enabled.
- Minimum dot around the edges only. Instead of losing contrast by setting a minimum dot on the entire image, we can do this only at the edges, to introduce a border around images.
- Improved noise filtering, better details
- Improved red-eye correction (only with Google Vision enabled.)
- Local contrast now available for shadows, midtones and highlights. Increased highlight details.
- OpenJDK instead of Oracle JRE due to new licensing rules by Oracle.
- HTTPS for the client connections and API for increased security. Please note that the default port changed from 8080 to 8443. This affects the client applications Inspector and JobClient as well. Port 8080 can still be used.
Changes in release R11.0.14 – 3 September 2019
- Added option in jClaro.conf: wrapper.java.additional.19=-Dcom.elpical.use_statistics_file=true. By setting this to false, updating statistics.xml can be avoided. Especially in large cluster, this reduces I/O.
- Enabling / disabling of buttons in JobClient interface improved
- Naming options of files improved, bug fixed
- efficiency improvement in file scanning with large clusters
Changes in release R11.0.13 – 15 August 2019
- Fix for re-route job option in processing channels
- Fix for inspector – jobclient combination workflows
- Fix for deleteSourceFile tag in jobtickets was ignored in specific configurations
Changes in release R11.0.12 – 29 July 2019
- Fix for processing PDF in a Switch workflow
- Fix for inverted behaviour of the “exclude skintones” checkbox
- Fix for saving the “noise in luminosity mode” in ClaroAdmin
- Claro does not write a re-import jobticket when the image goes to the folder for unprocessed images
Changes in release R11.0.11 – 19 July 2019
- improved file locking for Claro statistics.xml
- Message with Quality warning in Inspector also when all images are sent to Inspector
- JobClient performance and stability improvements
Changes in release R11.0.10 – 11 July 2019
- Bug processing images without extension, introduced in 11.0.9, fixed
- Metadata from jobticket wasn’t displayed in Inspector, fixed
- Photoshop CC2019 is automatically detected by Inspector
- Jobticket with FTP destination, files were not FTP’ed when going through Inspector
- NullpointerExcpetion when using API fixed
Changes in release R11.0.9 – 17 June 2019
- JobClient for Adobe Indesign CC 2019
- Several issues with JobClient fixed, however further updates to JobClient will follow in coming weeks. Current version of JobClient needs to be used with Claro 11.0.9.
- Fix for failing automatic license updates
- “imagepath nog present” error with some jobtickets in combination with routing channels, fixed
- CMYK original gets conversion and looks different in Inspector, fixed
- Purge channels didn’t use the schedule, fixed
- new option in Inspector to flatten jpg automatically without warning
- XMP is now also added to XMP
- various improvements in cluster operation
- Error handling missing ICC profile improved
- PDF error handling improved
- color balance bug fixed
- DeviceLink channel, error handling improved
Changes in release R11.0.8 – 22 November 2018
- Zip file with a folder structure inside caused channel to go to standby. Fixed.
- ClaroAdmin bug with deleting a user and then adding one in same session. Fixed.
- Bug with some smaller files with face recognition. Fixed.
Changes in release R11.0.7 – 31 October 2018
- Inspector extended fixed
- CR2 file format fix
- PDF with images in Indexed colorSpace with StringObject containing octal values less than 3 characters are incorrect decoded.Fixed.
- Couple of French translation issues fixed.
- Return jobticket with one concurrent process missing, fixed.
Changes in release R11.0.6 – 27 August 2018
- XMP logging with one concurrent process did not work, fixed
- JobClient API, several bug fixes
- Fit-in-box resize bug fixed.
- Routing in image orientation bug, fixed
- Inspector process info missing with one concurrent process, fixed.
- 16 bit PNG issues fixed.
Changes in release R11.0.5 – 20 April 2018
- skipped images in PDF bug when running in multi-server mode fixed
- duplicate inspector id’s when running in multi-server mode fixed
- Added methods in JobClient API, getChannelType, getChannelStatus
- size bug with CCI integration with images <>200 DPI fixed
- backward compatibility issue with older Mac OS X versions fixed
Changes in release R11.0.4 – 16 March 2018
- Concurrent image processes in single JVM
- fixed issue with 16 bit PSD
- Inspector queue selection bug fixed
- PNG with embedded profile issue fixed
- bug fixes in JobClient
- Stability and performance improvements
Changes in release R11.0.3 – 7 November 2017
- Incomplete logging after upgrade fixed
- Correct logging of timeout value (multi-server operation)
- Reduced installer size
- Stability improvements in multiserver operation
Changes in release R11.0.2 – 26 September 2017
- Added feature: routing on file format (as apposed to just on extension)
- Stability improvements in JobClient for Indesign CC and CS6 on Mac and PC
- Fix for Corrupt Flate Stream error when processing specific PDF’s
- Automatic startup of Claro service on Macosx did not work in new installer, fixed
- Return jobticket after Inspector was not generated, fixed
- PNG bug fixed
- When doing upgrades, the http port number was not taken from the existing configuration
- Improved exception handling if selected ICC profile does not exist.
Changes in release R11.0.1 – 10 May 2017
Changes in release R11.0.0 – 31 March 2017
* Claro v11 is able to classify portraits as such, leading to optimised skin tone treatment, noise filtering and changes to the local contrast for highlights algorithm (smoother skin) for those images, leading to better portraits.* Claro v11 offers the option to exclude skin tones from the local contrast for highlights feature. This leads to smoother skin tones and is especially interesting for high quality print processes.* Banding removal in blue skies. In heavily compressed images, and sometimes amplified by noise and sharpening filters, banding may occur. These are especially visible and apparent in blue skies. The new banding removal algorithm detects and removes the banding from the blue skies.* New and improved JPEG compression artifacts detection and removal. Detects and removes various types of JPEG artifacts.* Improved exposure detection and correction. Claro v11 has improved algorithms that better detect and correct under and over exposure.* In Claro v10 a new color filter functionality was added, with the option to exclude neutrals from the color filter. This lead to the possibility to make images warmer in color without affecting the neutrals. Whites and greys remained neutral, while colors were warmer. In v11 we added the options to exclude skin tones and blue skies from the color filter as well.* Claro v11 routing channels have the option to route files based on EXIF metadata. This includes GPS information. Claro allow routing of images if they are taken in a specified radius around a specific GPS location. This allows newsrooms to select images of a certain important event.* New Indesign JobClient (Indesign plugin). The new JobClient allows closing of documents while images are in process.* JobClient as well as the Claro server installation are completely independent of pre-installed Java Runtime Environments* Fill in Box resize option: a specified box size will be filled completely, and if width and height ratio of the image are not equal to the width and height ratio of the specified box size, the image will be cropped.